tisdag, juli 03, 2007

Grov missuppfattning av den hippokratiska eden

I DN läser jag att de haffat ett gäng läkare med anknytning till de senaste terrorattackerna i Storbritannien. Men vänta nu lite.. Ska inte läkare avlägga Hippokrates ed, som bl.a. lyder såhär(?):

I will prescibe regimens for the good of my patients according to my ability and my judgment and never do harm to anyone. [..] In every house where I come I will enter only for the good of my patients, keeping myself far from all intentional ill-doing
Den kloke Hippokrates ger oss även svaret på vad som väntar dessa missledda herrar:

If I keep this oath faithfully, may I enjoy my life and practice my art, respected by all men and in all times; but if I swerve from it or violate it, may the reverse be my lot.

Amen till det.

Inga kommentarer: